Seller Financing Seminar
Seller Financing advice and strategies for buyers and sellers. Course does not earn any real estate CE or MCLE credit at current time. Open to public. See Cities and Dates, just above the "Add to Cart" button.
Click TOPICS tab for details of course and HANDOUTS tab for course materials you will receive at time of class.
- Description of strategies - note/mortgage, contract for deed, lease with option, wraparound mortgage
- Important language that protects the seller
- Important language that protects the buyer
- Traps and pitfalls to avoid
- Alabama and Federal consumer protection laws related to seller financing, plus exceptions
- Tax consequences of seller financing
- How buyers can find sellers willing to hold the financing
- How sellers can cash out their financed deal, without recourse
- Class slides
- Article: Are You a Real Estate Dealer or Investor According to the IRS?
- Alabama State Banking Department Interim Rule
- Sample Seller Financing Instruments
- Single Family Home Addendum
- Purchase Option Addendum for Single Family Lease
- IRS Publication 527: Installment Sales
- 46 Ala. L. Rev. 137 (1994) re: Bond for Title
- 3 Ala. L. Rev. 327 (1950-51) re: Bond for Title
- Dodd-Frank Decision Tree (created by Butler Evans Education)
- Gay v. Tompkins, Alabama Supreme Court decision regarding avoidable pitfalls in seller financing
I enjoyed the course and would recommend it to others. It would be especially beneficial to landlords who may be considering owner financing for tenants.
We Also Recommend