Cart 0


Tax Sales: Deed Research 1/22/2019

Some counties have their own online portals for deed research. Some of them are Baldwin, Jefferson, Madison, Mobile, Shelby and Tuscaloosa Counties. Check your county's website to find out. Others use a third party service by a company called Syscon. Click HERE for an article with a list of their counties, and more information to access.

Landlords: Prepaid Rent  1/22/2019

The Alabama Residential Landlord Tenant Act limits you to one month's rent as a security deposit. The only exception is for something that rarely occurs. I've heard differently, but those people with that advice are WRONG. You can collect as much prepaid rent as circumstances and negotiations will support, however. Just remember it is prepaid rent, and cannot be applied to damages or late fees.

Flippers: State License  1/16/2019

Flippers and other investors who intend to rehab a house and then sell it must have a state home builders license or hire someone with such a license to supervise all the work. There are some exemptions, but only for SFR or duplexes that will not be sold within a year after completion. When you apply for your building permits, that is when you must either give proof of licensure, or sign an affidavit about the exemption. A claimed exemption, and then a sale within one year of completion, will land you in hot water. Read full article HERE.