Landlord-Tenant Law (Class or Video)
Info for live class. Click HERE for downloadable or streaming video.
Overview of legal issues all Alabama landlords and property managers should know. Open to public, but also earns 3 hours Alabama real estate CE credit, AREC course #579,
See Cities and Dates, just above the "Add to Cart" button.
Click Topics tab for class details, and Handouts tab for materials you will be able to download as soon as you register.
- Alabama Residential Landlord Tenant Act
- Credit management, plus security deposits
- Security deposit refunds
- Late fee policies
- Entry rights
- Tenant responsibilities, including hoarding issues
- Landlord responsibilities regarding premises
- Disappearing tenants--death, incarceration, skip
- Abandoned personal property
- Undocumented aliens
- Strategy for problem tenants of all types
- Evictions, including attorney recommendations
- How good management software can help you with legal issues
Immediately after registering, you will receive an email with links for all downloadable handouts. All materials copyright protected. If you purchased the streaming video, the email will also include the link for the video. Handouts include:
- All course slides
- "Cheat Sheet" of entry rights
- "Cheat Sheet" of notice responsibilities
- "Cheat Sheet" of landlord responsibilities related to premises
- Chart comparing property management software
- Written procedures for disability-related requests
This class was great! Full of relevant information geared towards property management. Denise Evans is one of the best instructors who keeps you engaged in the topic.
I have stated before that if your goal is to gain information that will be beneficial with not only being updated with any Real Estate law changes, but increase relevant knowledge in property management, Denise Evans is one of the best. We just concluded classes with her last week and my opinion has not changed- except that she probably is the best.
License renewal continuing ed classes that are not only packed full of really relevant material but interesting information and humor as well. Thanks Denise for making the time fly by instead of drudging through as most of them do! Great up to date info. Thanks!
Denise Evans is a great teacher, very knowledgeable, and keeps the class interesting. THIS LADY KNOWS HER STUFF!! I received great information from the class and am implementing it in my office.
This class was very informative and gave me so much confidence to continue my real estate journey as a landlord/investor. I am a student , always. When you're educated you're less afraid. Thank you for being a thorough educator.
We Also Recommend