Residential Evictions and Collections
Alabama-specific class. Lease clauses and management policies that avoid many collection problems. In-depth coverage of the eviction process, collection lawsuits, turning judgments into money, and bankruptcy issues. Approved for 3 hours AREC credit, course #802 and 3 hours MCLE credit. Also open to public. CE credit for live classes only. Video does not earn CE credit.
See Cities and Dates, just above the "Add to Cart" button.
Click Topics tab for details, and Handouts tab for materials you will be able to download as soon as you register.
- Lease clauses
- Management policies
- Clauses you should have in a property management contract
- Declaring a default
- Forbearance agreements
- Partial payments
- Filing the eviction lawsuit
- Obtaining service
- Default judgments
- Judgment without a trial, even if tenant answers and disputes eviction
- Collections strategies, including judgment lien, levy and execution, garnishment, and filing your judgment in other states if tenant or guarantor moves
- Attorneys we recommend
Immediately after registering, you will receive an email with links to download the course handouts. All material copyright protected. Handouts include:
- All class slides
- Complete eviction forms package
- Forbearance Agreement
- Partial Payment Agreement
- Notice of Default and Opportunity to Cure
- Notice of Non-Curable Default and Termination of Lease
- Notice of Cure and Non-Waiver of Future Defaults
- Notice of Lease Termination and Demand for Possession
- Notice of Abandonment
- "Cheat Sheet" of Landlord Entry rights
The course was very informative and gave great examples of how to improve our practices for property management.
I will continue to attend Denise Evans educational classes! They are very informative with useful information that you can take back to the office and apply immediately. She communicates in a manner that allows you to retain the information that you are learning. She is always willing to answer any questions that you may have no matter how big or small. I appreciate Denise Evans and her ability to keep me on track with my business.
Again, if classes that actually help a person better do their job- and legally- is important, you won't go wrong with Denise. Imparting knowledge requires a capable teacher, which Denise certainly is.
Ms. Evans gave tons of practical information--and explained in detail, understandable, and down-to-earth way the whole eviction process. It cleared up a lot of my misconceptions, helped me understand Fair Housing issues in greater depth, and gave me the knowledge and self-confidence to handle troublesome tenant issues. Moreover, the forms are extremely helpful! A topnotch class!
Great class for property owners or managers. I do both. The information and documents were both a huge help in understanding the current laws and procedures. Worth both the time and the money whether you need the CE credit or just want more information on how to deal with problem tenants or keep them from becoming problem tenants.
We Also Recommend