FAQ: Landlord Law
An introductory course that answers the most commonly asked questions about Alabama residential landlord/tenant law. Earns 3 hours of real estate CE, but also open to public. Topics include
- What are the rules regarding security deposits?
- How much can I charge for late fees?
- What access rights do I have after the lease is signed?
- What should I do if someone wants an emotional support animal?
- How do I handle mold/bedbug/creepy neighbor complaints?
- Can I make tenant responsible for all repairs and maintenance?
- What is the best way to handle a default?
- What special clauses need to be in a contract to buy/sell rental properties?
- Do I need a real estate license to manage property for other people?
As a practicing attorney for more than 33 years, I have attended countless hours of CLE training. Denise was great; entertaining, current, informative and helpful. The presentation was directly on point.
Great content. Thorough explanation of the course material. Would take more classes from this instructor.
If you only do one single thing as a Landlord----attend this class. Denise Evans knows her stuff. I also highly recommend her book, Alabama Residential Landlord's Desk Reference and Forms". Read and use this book! It is easy to understand and it's the most comprehensive resource I've found on the topic.
I've been practicing law over 20 years. My practice is limited to landlord and real estate investor representation. I attend Denise's classes as often as I can. I always learn something new. I highly recommend her classes, especially if you're new to property management.
This class was great! Full of relevant information geared towards property management. Denise Evans is one of the best instructors who keeps you engaged in the topic.
We Also Recommend