Landlord-Tenant Law Video
Download or stream video.
Overview of legal issues and management policies all Alabama landlords and property managers should know. Substantially similar to the live class with the same name, except that the video is 3 hours and 21 minutes long, while the typical class lasts only 2 hours and 40 minutes of instruction time. The longer video explains some things more thoroughly, to compensate for your inability to ask questions during class. It also includes all of the most frequently asked questions, whereas only a few such questions will come up during any given class.
Click Topics tab for class details, and Handouts tab for materials you will be able to download as soon as you register. You will receive a confirmation email with links for the video and the downloadable materials.
- Alabama Residential Landlord Tenant Act
- Credit management, plus security deposits
- Security deposit refunds
- Late fee policies
- Entry rights
- Tenant responsibilities, including hoarding issues
- Landlord responsibilities regarding premises
- Disappearing tenants--death, incarceration, skip
- Abandoned personal property
- Undocumented aliens
- Strategy for problem tenants of all types
- How good management software can help you with legal issues
Immediately after registering, you will receive an email with links for all downloadable handouts. All materials copyright protected. Handouts include:
- All course slides
- "Cheat Sheet" of entry rights
- "Cheat Sheet" of notice responsibilities
- "Cheat Sheet" of landlord responsibilities related to premises
- Chart comparing property management software
- Written procedures for disability-related requests
As a practicing attorney for more than 33 years, I have attended countless hours of CLE training. Denise was great; entertaining, current, informative and helpful. The presentation was directly on point.
Great content. Thorough explanation of the course material. Would take more classes from this instructor.
If you only do one single thing as a Landlord----attend this class. Denise Evans knows her stuff. I also highly recommend her book, Alabama Residential Landlord's Desk Reference and Forms". Read and use this book! It is easy to understand and it's the most comprehensive resource I've found on the topic.
I've been practicing law over 20 years. My practice is limited to landlord and real estate investor representation. I attend Denise's classes as often as I can. I always learn something new. I highly recommend her classes, especially if you're new to property management.
This class was great! Full of relevant information geared towards property management. Denise Evans is one of the best instructors who keeps you engaged in the topic.
We Also Recommend